GIVING IT BACK

' ' ' The next sentence is true. The previous sentence is false. ' ' '       
-- Anonymous


/* Anudeep is sitting at the table playing with the table salt bottle. Kabi comes out of his room looking for something */

Kabi (looking around): Bro, have you seen my iPad?
Anudeep: Tere pas iPad bhi hai?
Kabi: Arey yaar! 😤
# Kabi finds it squeezed under the couch
Kabi: Mil gaya! 😊
# Kabi sits on the couch and starts doodling on his iPad
# HE comes out into the living room all dressed up only to gather a few belongings
Anudeep (Playing with the table salt): Did you guys know that sodium is a poisonous reactive metal that you can cut with a butter knife while pure chlorine is a deadly gas but when added together they make sodium chloride aka table salt, fascinating right?!
Kabi (Nods): Hmmm
# Ignores Anudeep and asks HIM
Kabi: So, when is your flight?
HE: In about 2 hours.
Kabi: Sunday ko kaunsi meeting hoti hai?
HE: It's not on Sunday dude it's Monday.
# HIS phone starts to ring, HE picks up
HE: Haan
SHE: When are you leaving?
HE: Bas nikal raha hun abhi
SHE: Okay, I am getting into a meeting now I won't be able to talk to you.
HE: Okay
SHE: Bye, have a safe flight!
HE: Haan, bye.
# HE hangs up and calls the Uber driver, HE's gathering HIS stuff while on call
HE: Haan bhaiya, kahan pe ho aap?
Driver: Bhaiya tyre puncture ho gaya hai. Mai nahi aa sakta, apko dusra gaadi book karna padega.
HE (Disappointed): Arey yaar!!. . . Acha thik hai.
# HE hangs up
HE (Exclaims): Why don't things for once just go the way I want them to go!
Anudeep: 'Coz if they did there'd be no surprises.
Kabi: And what is life without surprises.
# HE sits on the couch and books another Uber
# 15 minutes later HIS Uber arrives
# HE walks out the door
HE: Chalo, milta hun baad me 
Anudeep: Haan thik hai, thik hai.

-- CUT TO EVENING --

/* Aparna and Shraddha are waiting in the car for HER below the office building, SHE comes in and joins them */

Aparna: Arey, itna kaun kaam karta hai Saturday ko?
SHE: Arey, wo audit chal raha hai na yeh hafta, that's why.
SHE: So, where are we going?
Shraddha (Jubilant): Man City vs Arsenal, Baby!!
# SHE looks at Aparna
SHE: Seriously?
Aparna: I had no choice
SHE: Ughhh 😩

/* They arrive, sitting at the table they decide what to order and Shraddha is completely into the match */

SHE: I'll have chicken wings
Aparna: Chicken wings are not that great here.
SHE: Uh, I can't have, it's Saturday. 
Aparna: I think I'll go with onion rings
SHE: Really?
Aparna: Yeah, why? What's wrong?
SHE: No. . . I don't like onion rings
Aparna: Have mash potatoes then or french salad, it's good here.
SHE: Shraddha, tu kya le rahi hai?
SHE: Shrads!
Shraddha (Glued in the match): Onion ring. . . Oni-onion noodles.
SHE: Kya? Onion noodles?
SHE: I am asking you what will you have?
# Shrads doesn't respond
# SHE stops trying
# They place the order
Aparna: I haven't slept for the past 2 days, I badly need some rest.
SHE: Same here, yaar. This audit thing is getting on my nerve now, just waiting for it to finish.
SHE: What were you doing today?
Shraddha (Yells): What the fuck? Pass Ramsey, pass!
Aparna: Had to take the car for servicing, toh pura din udhar hi nikal gaya.
# SHE acknowledges
# It's Half Time 
Shraddha (😓): They're playing like shit! 
Shraddha: Where's my beer? I told you no, 1 Tuborg.
Aparna: You didn't say shit. Waiter aa raha hai abhi, tell him what you want.
# The food arrives and they get down to eating
# Man City scores the winner in the 88'
Shraddha: Fuck!! 😤😓
# Shraddha drops her fork
Shraddha (Disgruntled): Sanchez can't save us every time! 

/* It's Full Time Man City 2-1 Arsenal. They finish their dinner and head out the restaurant and on their way out they hear someone talking shit, Shraddha stops */

Stranger Arsenal Fan: Man, Ozil is shit! We need to sell him!!
# Shraddha tells Aparna
Shraddha: One minute
# Shrads walks upto their table
Shraddha: Ozil sucks, right?
Arsenal Fan: Yeah man! He goes missing in big matches. . . 
Shraddha: You know we haven't beaten Chelsea in the league since 2011.
Arsenal Fan: Exactly!
Shraddha: 😑, Arsenal beat Chelsea back in September and Ozil scored in the 3-0 drubbing. He helped us qualify in the Champions League to knockout stage with a 3-2 victory against Ludogorets When we were 2-0 down. Frankly, a goal that can win him the FIFA Puskas award. Ozil notched up 20 assists in all competitions last season, making him one of Europe's most efficient midfielders. Ozil created a record breaking 12 chances in a single match against Sunderland. Real Madrid struggled for almost 3 months when he departed because they had no one who could assist Ronaldo.
# Silence ensues
# HER and Aparna look at each other in disbelief
Arsenal Fan: Sorry. . . I guess?
Shraddha: Next time when you speak about Ozil, think.
Aparna: Chal
# SHE pulls Shraddha and they get out of the restaurant

-- IN THE CAR --
Aparna: Itna kyun suna diya tune us bichare ko?
Shraddha (Looking out the window): He was talking shit.
SHE: I think you like that Ozil guy because he's cute.
Shraddha: I like his game, okay!
Aparna (Slyly): Yeah, I am sure he's got a gooood game.
# Shrads looks at Aparna in disgust
Shraddha: Kaise gaandi baatein karti hai tu! 😑
Aparna: 😫

-- X --

Comments

Popular Posts