THE TRIP

' ' ' Why do I work? Well if I don't, who's gonna pay for the Wi-Fi? ' ' '
 -- Anonymous 

/* HE leaves office early in the afternoon and calls HER up as HE gets into HIS car */
# SHE picks up 
HE: Yeah, where are you?
SHE: Office, getting done with work. When are you coming?
HE: I am getting out now, will reach there in half an hour.
SHE: Okay, even I'll finish off by then.
HE: Okay
# HE hangs up

-- OUTSIDE HER OFFICE --
# HE calls HER
HE: Arey, where are you?
SHE: Just getting down the stairs. I'll be there in 2 minutes.
HE: Kodaikanal jana hai nahi jana hai.
SHE: Arey baba aa rahi hun na.
HE: Are you done with your packing?
SHE: Haan, almost ho gaya.
HE: Okay, come fast.
# HE hangs up
# SHE comes in and they drive to HER place
HE: Where are the others?
SHE: Shraddha is at your place, they should be coming home in sometime. 
HE: Okay
# HE starts thinking about something intensely
SHE: What are you thinking?
HE: Haan?
SHE: Kya soch rahe hao?
HE: Uhmm, arey. . . Kuch nahi, aise hi.
SHE: Arey!
SHE: Say na, you look tense, that's why I'm asking.
HE: Arey. . . Matlab. . . 
SHE: Kya?
HE: Mai soch raha tha ki. . . Mane plays left wing and if he gets injured Liverpool doesn't have a proper back up for him.
# SHE looks perplexed
SHE: Hain?
HE: Because Sturridge cannot play on the wing and we cannot rely on. . . 
SHE: What the f-!!! Harrr waqt football!
HE: ๐Ÿ˜’
HE: Isiliye nahi bol raha tha mai terko
SHE: Yeah, but every time?
HE: Acha, when Shraddha talks about football you don't say anything huh?
SHE: Use bhi keheti hun!
# HE whispers
HE: Mere samne toh kabhi nahi bola
SHE: Kya?
HE: Arey, call shraddha, ask her where she is, ask if she can get some samosas?
SHE: I called her a while back, they should be on the way.
# SHE takes her phone out and calls Shraddha
Shrads: Yeah, say.
SHE: Where are you guys?
Shrads: These guys are taking too long. Ladki jaise packing kar rahe hain.
# In the background Anudeep goes "I can't find my sunscreen. Where is it?"
Shrads: What's this? Near the TV.
Anudeep: That's SPF 30. Mine is SPF 80.
Shrads: Eh, by the way why do you need sunscreen. Kodai is a hill station, it's going to be cold out there.
Anudeep (Thinking): Hmmmm 
Anudeep: Kabiiiiii, where's my jacket?
SHE: How long are you guys gonna take?
Shrads: We'll be there, in like. . . 40 minutes.
SHE: Jaldi aa naa. We need to leave also.
Shrads: Okay.
# Shraddha hangs up and resumes playing FIFA
SHE: They'll be reaching in 30 to 40 minutes
HE: Samose? ๐Ÿ˜‘
SHE: Shit!! Wo toh pucha hi nahi.
SHE: Chod na, ghar pe khana hai waise bhi.

-- KABILAN'S LIVING ROOM -- 
Shrads: Make it fast guys! Hui nahi kya packing abhi tak.
Kabi: I am done!
Shrads (Whilst Playing): What about Anudeep?
Kabi: Yeh dekh Shraddha, maine tere liye kitna mast ladka dhunda hai.
Shrads: Bekar hai.
Kabi: Arey! Shakal dekh na, kitna handsome hai.
Shrads: Papa kehete hain jo ladke shakal se ache dikhte hain wo chutiye hote hain.
Kabi (๐Ÿ˜ฎ): Aisa kaha papa ne! "Chutiye hote hain!?"
Shrads: I mean, they're assholes.
Kabi (๐Ÿ˜ฎ): Aisa kaha papa ne! "They're assholes!?" 
Shrads: Eh, ja na!!
Shrads: Let me play!
Kabi: Flip flops! Acha yaad dilaya, flip flops nahi pack kiye.
Kabi: Thanks
Shrads: You're welcome.
# Sid comes out of the bathroom
Sid: Ahhh, hugne k baad jo maja aata hai!
# Goes to the kitchen 
Sid: Kuch khane ko hai kya?
Sid: Ahh, banana. :)
Sid: Shraddha, did you see the match yesterday?
Shrads: Yeah. For a change, we played well.
Sid: We had to! It's getting very tough in the league.
Shrads: We are playing shit, that's it, nothing else.
Sid: Oh c'mon, good performances will come. Have patience.
Shrads: Consistency is what we are lacking.
Sid: I know but show some faith in the Manager.
Shrads: Arsenal need to get used to the 3-4-3 formation. Now that Chamberlain is gone, Wenger should play Bellerin in the right back position and for Christ sake, start Lacazette!
Anudeep: Alright, I'm all set.
Sid: Done?
Shrads: Where's Kabi?
Anudeep: Even he's ready.
Sid: Chalo.

-- HER HOUSE --
SHE: Chalo, mai jaldi se naha k aati hun. Khana kitchen me hai.
HE: Okay.
# SHE goes to the bathroom and yells from inside
SHE: I've kept all my clothes on the bed, just put them in the bag.
HE: Okaaii.
# HE does that and eats his lunch, by then the others arrive.
Kabi: All set? Chalein?
HE: Chalo, we were waiting for you guys only.

-- IN THE CAR -- 
Kabi: How long have you rented this car for?
HE: 3 days
HE: What happened to Aparna? Why didn't she come?
Shrads: She flew to Delhi, it's Utsav's birthday tomorrow. Apparently, she's going to surprise him at midnight.
HE: Oh, that's nice!
Kabi: How much longer before we reach kodai?
HE:  8 hours, at least.
Kabi: ๐Ÿ˜ฑ
HE: Don't worry I'll switch with you.
# SHE gets a text, she giggles and reads out
SHE: What do you call a guy who has a rubber toe?
Sid: What?
SHE: Roberto ๐Ÿ˜
Sid: ๐Ÿ˜‘
Sid: What is brown and sticky?
SHE: I don't know, peanut butter?
Sid: A stick.
SHE: ๐Ÿ˜‘
Sid: I have 3 eyes, 4 noses and 2 mouths, who am I?
HE: Ugly
Sid: ๐Ÿ˜
HE: I've heard this one.
HE: Knock knock
Shrads: Whose there?
HE: Amish
Shrads: Amish who?
HE: Aww, amish you too! 
Shrads: ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜†
Sid: Okay, tell me this. Luv and Kush were walking together and Luv fell into a well, why?
Shrads: Why?
Sid: Because Luv is blind. ๐Ÿ˜†
Shrads: ๐Ÿ˜‘
Sid: Later Kush also jumped into the well, why?
Shrads: Why? 
Sid: Kyunki luv k liye sala kush bhi karega ๐Ÿ˜‚
Shrads: ๐Ÿ˜… Oh God!
HE: Knock knock.
Shrads: Whose there?
HE: Hi
Shrads: Hi who?
HE: Hi huku hi huku hi hi ๐Ÿ˜‚
Sid: ๐Ÿ˜‚
SHE: Shii, kitna ganda joke tha.
Kabi: Aur eak ganda joke sunna hai?
SHE: No thank you. 
SHE: Acha thik hai, bol.
Kabi: What does a kid sing when he goes to 1st standard?
SHE: What?
Kabi: KG kiya re, KG kiya re oh KG, KG kiya re
SHE: ๐Ÿ˜“
# The song 'car radio' starts playing on the radio
HE: Oh that's my favorite song!
# and HE starts singing when the rap comes along 
" I ponder of something terrifying 'cause this time there's no sound to hide behind. 
I find over the course of our human existence one thing consists of consistence and it's that we're all battling fear. 
Oh dear I don't know if we know why we're here, oh my, too deep please stop thinking I liked it better when my car had sound."
Kabi: ๐Ÿ˜ฆ
SHE: ๐Ÿ˜ฎ
Anudeep: ๐Ÿ’ค
" There are things we can do but from the things that work there are only two.
And from the two that we choose to do peace will win and fear will lose. 
There's faith and there's sleep we need to pick one please because faith is to be awake and to be awake is for us to think and for us to think is to be alive and I will try with every rhyme to come across like I am dying to let you know you need to try to think.
I have these thoughts so often I ought to replace that slot with what I once bought 'cause somebody stole my car radio and now I just sit in silence."

# Silence ensues
# HE points to a waterfall through the window
HE: Hey, look a waterfall.
# Nobody says anything
HE: What!? I like Twenty One Pilots.

-- X -- 

Comments

Popular Posts