IT'S A WONDERFUL EVENING
' ' ' And I could see you comin' home after work late, you're in the kitchen tryin' to fix us a hot plate.
And there's no way I can pay you back, but my plan is to show you that I understand. ' ' ' -- Tupac
/* After 8 hours of long drive they finally reach Kodaikanal, check-in and enter their bedrooms */
# HE comes in and lays on the bed
SHE: It's so cold in here!
SHE: Close the door no
HE: Anudeep and Kabilan are getting their stuff
SHE: I'm not asking you to lock it, just close it. It's getting cold.
# HE exhales
# Gets up and closes the door
SHE: I have some Oreo left, you want some?
HE (Apathetic): No.
# Gets Oreo out of HER purse and starts eating
SHE: Aren't you hungry?
HE: No, I just want to sleep.
SHE: I'm hungry!!
HE: There's idli in my bag, if you want some.
SHE: De na nikal ke.
HE (Angrily): Arey, le le na!
HE: Kya tab se bol rahi hai yeh kar wo kar!
SHE: What did I say?
HE: Sone de yaar! thak gaya hun!
# SHE stands up and walks out
# HE turns around and tries to sleep
# Anudeep and Sid enter the room
Anudeep: Finally!
Sid: It's cold in here, man!
Anudeep: I just wanna snuggle in my blanket and go to sleep.
Sid: I know! Plus we gotta get up early tomorrow. It's going to be a long trek into the woods.
Anudeep: Ise dekh, aise hi ludak gaya.
Anudeep: Side hatt!
# HE doesn't move
Anudeep: Hum kya teri gaand pe soye?
# HE pushes his ass out, Anudeep kicks it
# HE moves to the corner
# They jump in and go to sleep
Anudeep: Where's Kabi?
Sid: He's on a call, outside.
-- NEXT MORNING --
Kabi: Apni Vegeta wali t-shirt de na.
HE: Pagal hai kya, favorite t-shirt hai meri. Wo kisi ko nahi de raha mai.
HE: In fact, I'll wear it today
# HE wears it
HE: See, the reason why I like it is not because of Vegeta. Iska fabric!. . . iska fabric alag hai yaar! It's super comfy.
Kabi: Alright, alright, cut the crap. I just got a text from Shraddha, they're ready.
HE: Even I'm ready.
/* 8:30 in the morning they're trekking into the woods */
Sid: Zyada hi jaldi ho gaya yaar.
# Anudeep is yawning in the background
Kabi: We need to walk another 45 minutes until Silver Cascade Falls.
Shraddha: 45 minutes! 😧
Shraddha: Should've kept sleeping.
Sid: I agree.
Kabi: Trust me, this will be worth it!
Shraddha: Well, clearly, you know nothing about my sleep.
Shraddha: Well, clearly, you know nothing about my sleep.
# SHE starts walking away from the group down the wrong path.
HE: Oh madam! Kidhar?
SHE: Kya?!
HE: Is taraf jana hai.
SHE: Haan thik hai bhai galti ho gayi!
# HE stares at HER for a couple of seconds
SHE: Kya hua?
HE: Rakhi band de agar itna hi bhai banane ka shock hai.
HE: Rakhi band de agar itna hi bhai banane ka shock hai.
SHE: Thik hai.
SHE: Kab band na hai?
# HE doesn't say anything
# HE doesn't say anything
SHE: Bolo na bhaiya!
# HE takes a deep breath
# Takes HIS phone out and starts doodling
SHE: Kitni jaldi irritate ho jata hai!
SHE: Mazak kar rahi thi.
HE: 26th August.
SHE: Kya?
HE: 26th August, calendar dekh raha tha phone pe
SHE: 😒
SHE: Mujhe kya, band dungi.
Kabi: Guys, has this ever happened to you?
Sid: What?
Kabi: You like a song and you're into it so much that you start singing the female part also?
Anudeep: Pfff. . . Tu hi karta hoga aisa.
HE (😁): I do it all the time.
Shradz: Yeah, even I sing the male part.
Kabi: Haan tu toh waise bhi ladka hai na.
# Shraddha kicks him
Kabi: Ehh, lagta hai!
# They finally reach Silver Cascade Falls
# HER and Shraddha start taking selfies together
Anudeep: Hmm. . . I finally see what the fuss is all about
Sid: Bhai yahan par joint marne me kya maja ayega na? 😃
Kabi: Hmmmm 😏
HE: Haan bhai 😀
Anudeep: Hai kya? 😯
Sid: Nahi na 😔 Mai score hi nahi kiya last time se.
Anudeep: 😞
HE: It's a pretty huge cliff..
Kabi: Well, it's a 180 ft tall vertical cliff.
HE: The fall of water from such great height is seen in a silver color, that's why it's called Silver Cascade Falls.
Kabi: Really?
HE: Yeah, just googled it.
Anudeep: And I thought you knew shit about this place.
Kabi: Yeah I do but. . .
Anudeep: Okay, okay I believe you.
Sid: Hey Shraddha, look there's a monkey here.
Shraddha: There's a monkey here too 😑
Shraddha: Don't show obvious things.
SHE: Eh Shraddha, cotton candy!
Shraddha: Kidhar!?
# The two go and get cotton candy & go a little further to explore
# HE comes back from the washroom
HE: Abhi tak wapis nahi aye wo log?
Anudeep: Nahi, phone bhi nahi lag raha.
HE: Ruk mai dekh k aata hun.
# HE goes looking and sees them walking back
HE: Kya kar rahe ho tum log idhar?
SHE: We came to get cotton candy, want some?
HE: Kabse wait kar rahe hain, wapas nahi jana kya?!
Shradz: Hum log bhi call kar rahe the lekin connect nahi ho raha.
HE: Network nahi hai na idhar.
SHE: Arey toh tu-. . .
HE: Chal ab!
SHE: 😠
# SHE doesn't say anything
-- LATE IN THE EVENING --
/* They're having a campfire outside their cottage */
Shraddha: It's beautiful outside plus it's so chilly!
Kabi: I know and look at the sky. It's so clear, you can see all the stars.
SHE: The brightest one is venus, right?
Kabi: No, the brightest one is me 😉
SHE: 😏
Anudeep: It's good that we're here while the international break is on. We are not missing out on any matches.
Shraddha: Besides soccer what other sport do you guys follow.
Sid: I like squash
Shraddha: You play?
Sid: I'm not a professional in it.
Shraddha: I'm not asking if you can beat Dipika Pallikal or not.
Sid: I mean I'm decent, I won't trip and fall.
Anudeep: Tu kab se squash khelne lag gaya?
Sid: Arey mai jo sports club jata hun na, they recently built a squash court there, so sometimes I go play.
Sid: You know what happened a few weeks ago.
Sid: I went to a coffee house and ordered hot chocolate with whipped cream, but when it arrived I saw no trace of whipped cream. I confronted the waiter and told him my beverage had no whipped cream and in return with nonchalance he says, "you can't see it because it sank to the bottom". But little did he know that whipped cream has low density and floats on all liquids. So I gave the waiter 2 options to choose from; either someone had forgotten to add whipped cream to my hot chocolate or the laws of physics didn't apply at that restaurant. To his adamance, he brought a scoop of whipped cream to prove me wrong. After pushing it to the bottom once or twice, the cream rose to the top safely afloat. All he was left with was an apologetic face.
Shraddha: Wow, a physics scholar.
Sid: Nahi rey, yeh toh YouTube pe video dekha tha. Why whipped cream has low density?
Shraddha: Why?
Sid: Abhi yaad nahi.
Shraddha: 😑
Anudeep: Finally whipped cream diya k nahi wo?
Anudeep: Finally whipped cream diya k nahi wo?
Sid: Obviously, dega hi. Sacch bahar aa gaya na lol
HE: Have you guys ever noticed something
Kabi: What?
HE: The top 4 atoms in your body are Hydrogen, Oxygen, Carbon and Nitrogen. The top 4 chemically active atoms in the universe are Hydrogen, Oxygen, Carbon and Nitrogen.
HE: While we live in the universe. . . the universe lives within us.
# Silence ensues
Kabi: Hmm. . . I never thought of it that way.
# SHE stands up
SHE: Chalo guys, I'm tired I'm off to sleep.
Sid: Alright
Shraddha: Goodnight.
# HE looks at HER, but doesn't say anything
Anudeep: Yaar, Indian cinema hum log ko saalo se sirf chutiya hi bana raha hai
Sid: Naya kya hai isme?
Anudeep: Sala sab hindi filmo ka kasoor hai!
Anudeep: 🎵Mai joru ka ghulaaaam arey ban k rahunga🎵
Arey kyun ban k rahunga!? Kyun?
# HE tells Kabilan, "I'll be back"
Anudeep: Wo pyar karti hai toh ayegi tere pas! Terko ghulam banne ki kya zarurat hai!?
Sid: Kuch log ko banne ka mann hota hai yaar ghulam. Tu aise nahi bol sakta..
Anudeep: Jaise? Kaun?
Sid: Aamir Khan
-- IN HER ROOM --
HE: So rahi hai?
SHE: Nahi abhi khana banane wali hun. Dikh nahi raha?
# HE comes to HER and snuggles inside the blanket
SHE: Sone de abhi merko, dimag mat kharab kar!
HE: Acha, sorry na!
SHE: Kis liye sorry, mera sar dard kar raha hai, ja yahan se!
HE: Yaar, thoda sa pagal hun mai.
SHE: Thoda sa?
HE (😩): Der se akkal aati hai merko, lekin aati toh hai na.
SHE: Kal se dimag kharab kar k rakha hai, dhang se baat karne nahi hota kya terko!
HE: I know faltu ka pata nahi kaunsa gussa nikal diya tere pe.
HE: Tu soch rahi hogi, kya. . . kis liye yeh. . .
HE: Tujhe. . . Tujhe pata hai aaj jo local store mai hum gaye the, mai tere liye t-shirt dekh raha tha, kyunki tujhe pasand hai na. Lekin xs mila hi nahi.
SHE: Men's section me dhundoge toh nahi milega
# HE doesn't say a word
SHE: Aur koi bahana marna hai tujhe?
# HE sheepishly tries to hide HIS face
SHE: Matlab kuch bhi bolna hai.
HE: Aisa nahi hai, dhunda maine.
SHE: Maine tere liye kuch likha tha.
HE (😀): Kya?
SHE (😤): Abhi jaa, mujhe nahi dikhana.
HE (😧): Please na, please na. Dikha na!
SHE (😤): Noo, I won't.
HE (😞): Aisa kyun kar rahi hai mere saath. Please na, moti!
SHE: Tu mota!
HE: Hamesha aise hi karti hai tu 😞
SHE (😣): Kya hai terko!
# SHE gets flustered. SHE reaches for HER purse, takes out a piece of paper and hands it to HIM
# HE starts reading it
" You're the one I need, you're the one I feel like to leave,
You're the one I speak to when I'm lonely, you're the one who annoys me the most,
You're the one I run to, you're the one I run from,
You're the one who's by my side no matter what, you're the one who never gives a squat,
It makes my day when I see your face, it gets me mad when you do that again,
Sometimes I wanna show you how much you mean to me, sometimes I wanna kick you in the balls and tell you what you did to me,
You're the one I LOVE, you're the one I HATE,
I need you in my life. . . is all I want to say! "
HE: Itna strongly feel karti hai tu mere bare me?!
SHE: At least I wrote something for you. Tune toh kabhi kuch likha bhi nahi hai mere liye.
HE: Likha hai na.
SHE: Kya?
HE: As I wait for the signs and I know you're mine,
Everyday I look in the mirror and I see your face,
The walls break down down. . .
SHE: Anjaana Anjaani ke gaane kyun ga raha hai?
HE: 😬
HE: Sorry!
HE: Thand lag rahi hai merko.
SHE: Your sweat shirt is in my bag.
# HE changes and throws HIS shirt on the bed
HE: I'll just go to the washroom.
# HE comes out and SHE's wearing HIS Vegeta t-shirt
SHE: Achi lag rahi hai na mere pe!
SHE: I'm keeping it!
HE: Haan 😦, achi. . . achi lag rahi hai.
SHE: Eh, terko chaiye toh tu rakh le haan, mai aise hi bol rahi hun.
HE: Arey, yeh toh maine aise hi khareedi thi. Kuch khas nahi hai
HE: I want you to keep it
HE: Ab agar tu wapas degi toh mujhe bura lagega.
SHE: Thank you! 😊
SHE: Dekh terko t-shirt khareedne k zarurat bhi nahi padi.
HE: I know.
-- X --
Comments
Post a Comment