NO LUCK!

' ' ' Beautiful black child, come and shed your black cloud. For your vibe and your smile I don't mind a lil' rain ' ' ' 
-- J Cole

/* Shraddha and Sid are at the supermarket, Anudeep walks in */

Sid: Why did you call me here?
Anudeep: Because she called me here.
Sid: Why did you call him here?
Shraddha: Because I have to buy groceries.
Sid: So?
Shraddha: I was bored, I wanted company! Ab zyada sawal mat kar, chal.
# Anudeep, staring at the aisle of cereals
Anudeep: What your favorite cereal?
Sid: I actually prefer oats.
Anudeep: Eii, yuck 😬
# They walk down the aisle
Anudeep: Hey, look at that book!
Shraddha: Nooo.
# Anudeep goes and grabs 'Anna Kendrick: Scrappy little nobody'
# He starts flipping through the pages
Shraddha: Keep it back. You're not gonna buy it anyway.
Anudeep: What makes you say that?
Anudeep: She's soo cute!
# After flipping through a couple of pages he keeps it back on the rack
Shraddha: Told you, you were not gonna buy it.
Anudeep: Oh c'mon I knew it you knew it we all knew it. It's like I scream you scream we all scream for ice-cream.
Shraddha: Ufff
# They walk into the vegetable section
Sid: Bro, look at that chick!
Shraddha: Kidhar, kaun?

Anudeep: Haan bey
Shraddha: Kya. She's okay only.
Anudeep: What okay. Look at that ass!
Shraddha: Kuch bhi.
# Sid walks up to her and pretends to pick vegetables
# The chick is holding a bitter gourd
Sid: Wow, you like Karela?
Chick: Haha, not really, but yeah sometimes.
Sid: Hmm, that explains why you're in such great shape.
Chick: Haha, well, besides eating right you also need to workout.
Sid: Man, it must be really hard for your boyfriend to keep up with you.
Chick: Actually he's more of an athlete. He likes doing outdoor stuff.
Sid: Haha, well that's my kind of workout
Chick: Yeah, it's good cardio, for a change.
Sid: Yeah, but first I need to have that 'karele ka juice'.
Chick: Haha
Sid: Alright
Chick: Bye

Sid: Yup, she has a boyfriend.
Anudeep: Toh tujhe kya laga, esi hot ladki tere liye single rahegi?
Sid: You don't find out until you ask.
Shraddha: She could be faking it.
# She says while picking out vegetables
Sid: Why would she fake it , she must be getting attention from everywhere.
Shraddha: You never know, some chicks do that.
Sid (😧): They do that!
# Sid thinks for a second
Sid: I feel so used
# They get to the check out counter
# The chick is going through a rack of magazines
# Anudeep walks up to her
Anudeep: I'm sorry I couldn't help but notice your bag.
Chick: Oh, thank you.
Anudeep: Is it Victoria Secrets?
Chick: Yes
Anudeep: It's beautiful
Chick: Well, thank you!
Anudeep: If you don't mind me asking, how much is it?
Chick: It's 8500

Anudeep: Damn, it sure is.
Chick: But it's a ladies bag. How did you notice, you like ladies bags *giggles*
Anudeep: Haha, actually my girlfriend absolutely loves bags! She's crazy about them. That's how I know a little bit. 
Anudeep: It's her birthday next month and I was planning to gift her an expensive bag.
Anudeep: She'll be so happy!
Chick: Oh, that's sweet!
Anudeep: I know.
Anudeep: I was thinking Dolce and Gabbana.
Chick: Yeah, Dolce and Gabbana is good or you could go for Chanel, but that would be a little too expensive.
Anudeep: Yeah right, but anyway thanks a lot.
Chick: No worries.

Sid: Pat gayi!?
Anudeep: Patane kaun gaya tha. Use bhi toh pata chale, our glass is also half full.
Sid: Itna smooth? Toh Janet k samne kya ho gaya tha?
Anudeep: Uspe toh crush hai na, isliye, yeh toh pata hai nahi patne wali.
Sid: Toh Janet kaunsa patne wali hai tere se.
# Shraddha intervenes
Shraddha: Aaj hi patana hai kya? 
Sid: Hain?
Shraddha: Chal ab! 😒
Sid: Bahut bol rahi hai yeh. Lagta hai iska bhaada double karna padega.
Anudeep: Eh, tu chup, sahi bol rahi hai wo.

-- AT HIS PLACE -- 
/* HE is working with HIS colleague Kavish on some office work */

HE: Dude, I'm unable to fetch employee data from the local server. There's no GET response from back-end, it's failing every time.
Kavish: Show me the code.
HE: This is all mock data because the code hasn't been deployed yet.
Kavish: You're using putty right?
HE: Yeah

' ' ' 
class Employee:
         def __init__ (self, first, last, pay):
               self.first = first
               self.last = last
               self.pay = pay
               self.email = first + '.' + last + '@company.com'
               Employee.no_of_emps += 1
        def fullname (self):
                return "{} {}".format(self.first, self.last)
        def apply_raise (self):
                self.pay = self.pay * self.raise_amt

class Dev (Employee):
        raise_amt = 1.10
        def __init__(self, first, last, pay, prog_lang):
              super().__init__(first, last, pay)
              self.prog_lang = prog_lang

class Manager (Employee):
        def __init__ (self, first, last, pay, employees = None):
              super().__init__(first, last, pay):
              if employees is None:
                     self.employees = []
              else:
                     self.employees = employees
        def add_emp (self, emp):
              if emp not in self.employees:
                      self.employees.append (emp)
       def remove_emp (self, emp):
              if emp in self.employees:
                      self.employees.remove(emp) ' ' ' 

Kavish: So, manager is inheritance class, right?
Kabi: Bro, I can't find any link

HE: Arey, you'll get dude
Kabi: There is one link, actually. 1080p video quality.
HE: Toh play kar na
Kabi: But it's a US link
HE: So?
Kabi: The stream quality is obviously amazing but it's $8 for the match.
HE: $8 to watch Tottenham vs Liverpool. No. Thank you.
HE: Find some other link.
Kavish: Bro, I think you're not making the right call.
HE: But. . . 
Kavish: See manager is the child class and all its properties are inherited from employee class. So when you're calling parent class instance, you need to use the constructor '@classmethod'

' ' ' 
@classmethod
def from_string (cls, emp_str):
       first, last, pay = emp_str.split ('-')

       return cls (first, last, pay) ' ' '

HE: Ohh, rookie mistake.
HE: I think that should work.
Kavish: It should
Kabi: Dude, I have the link
Kabi: Match shuru ho gaya.
HE: Yeah, yeah, done.
# HE finishes typing
HE: I'll try this later. Pehele match dekh lete hain.
Kavish: Is the red one Liverpool?
Kabi: Yes, you watch football?
Kavish: No, not really. Only world cup matches, sometimes.

Kabi: Ohh, do you support a team or just like watching the game?
Kavish: I actually liked the England team earlier.
Kavish: I think Rooney retired, right?
Kabi: Yeah
Kavish: And there's some new guy, Harry Kane...
Kabi: Yes, yes and he plays for Tottenham.
Kavish: Really?
Kabi: Yeah
HE: People also say he's the next big thing, he'll be the best player in the league.
Kabi: Oh hello, he already is
HE: Really!? If so, then why isn't any club interested in him?
Kabi: Look, Man City bought Kyle Walker for £50 million which was paid in full and he was only the second choice right back playing for Tottenham.
Harry Kane is the face of Tottenham Hotspur. He's been our leading goal scorer for the past 3 seasons and he's a product of the club's academy. Now if Kyle Walker cost that much, imagine how much Harry Kane would cost. A fortune. He's priceless for the club. It will take more than £200 million to convince Daniel Levy to sell him.
HE (Impressed): Hmm. . . that makes sense.
Kavish: Uhmm, okay.
# Anudeep walks in 
Anudeep: What's the scoreline?
Kabi: 2-1, Tottenham leading

# Kavish looks around and sees a Barcelona flag on the wall.
Kavish: You support Barcelona also?
Anudeep: I do.
Kavish: You like Messi?
Anudeep (Rhetorically): Obviously, who hates Messi?
Kavish: But I didn't see his poster so. . . 
Anudeep: Tu Sachin ko hate kar sakta hai kya?
Kavish: Well, yeah, he was selfish. Everytime he scored a century. . .
Anudeep: Nahi na! Bas toh fir, how do you expect me to hate Messi.
# It's Full Time Tottenham 4 - 1 Liverpool
Kabi: Ahh! What a game. Today was a good day.
HE: Today was NOT a good day.
HE: I was expecting at least a draw. But then again, our defense never fails to let us down.
# HE takes a deep breath
HE: Alright, I'm going to drop Kavish. Chal Anudeep?
Anudeep: Mai kyun?
HE: Chal na! Aisa karega abhi!? 
Anudeep: 😒
# HE looks at Kabi
HE: And don't start masturbating while we're gone.
Kabi: What? Like there's a rule or something?
HE: And stop talking like Joey
# Stares blankly 
Kabi: Like there's a rule or something?
# HE shuts the door and leaves

-- X --

Comments

  1. Very realistic and relatable characters. Love reading your stories. Keep writing 😊

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts