YOUR TURN OR MINE?

' ' ' Fuck positivity, let's be honest, sometimes things are fucked up and we have to live with it ' ' ' 
-- Mark Manson

/* HE walks into the living room after a hard day's work and sees Anudeep & Sid playing FIFA */

Anudeep: You were supposed to be here 30 minutes ago.
HE: There's something called traffic. In case, you didn't know.
Anudeep: Ouhh, smartness huh! 😏
HE: Aur tu idhar kya kar raha hai, tera toh badminton match tha na aaj?
Sid: Yeah, I got a bye.
HE: How?
Sid: The other guy didn't show up.
HE: Lucky, motherfucker huh!
HE: Which means you go out in the next round.
Sid: 😉 Precisely.
HE: I don't get it. Why did you even sign up for the tournament when you're no good at Badminton?
Sid: It's good cardio.
HE: Yeah, that's why you should go play at the sports club.
Sid: Don't question me. Let me concentrate on the game.
HE: 😒
HE: And why are you all dressed up?
Anudeep: Nothing special. Just heading over to Janet's place.
HE: Nice!
Anudeep: Well, we didn't meet for a while. So thought of hanging out tonight.
HE: Good, good.
HE: Where's Kabi?
Anudeep: Office
# HE gets a call & picks it up 
SHE: Are you ready?
HE: Ready for what?
SHE: Kavish ki wedding reception.
HE: It's today!?
SHE: Yes, it's today.
HE: Oh yeahh.
HE: Because I remember Sid ka match and the reception were on the same day.
HE: And you know what? Sid ka match bhi nahi hai aaj
SHE: Acha, wo yaad hai tujhe.
HE: Uhh. . . no, not like that.
SHE: Acha, get ready fast.
HE: Uhmm. . . Jana zaruri hai kya?
SHE: 😑 Seriously, you want to do this right now? Really?
HE: Okay, okay, fine. I'll get dressed.
SHE: Okay, bye.
HE: Ufff
Sid: Hahaha. . . and that's how it's done, bitch.
# Sid wins 2-0
Anudeep: Alright folks, I'm off.
HE: And I'll get dressed for the reception.
Sid: And I'll get back to. . . to. . . yeah, alright.

-- AT THE RECEPTION -- 

# HE's thinking, standing at the reception, "Kya hai yaar yeh! office me bhi mil sakta tha na isse. Zabardasti bula liya. Zaruri tha kya itna aana. Itne log. . . faltu ka matlab. . . timepass! Abey gulab jamun!"
# SHE's thinking, standing at the reception, "Lighting kitni achi hai idhar, aur setup bhi acha kiya hai inhone. Uska lehenga. . . Sabyasachi hai kya? Lekin mai aisa wala nahi lungi. Yeh kafi shiny hai, mera red and white hoga. Aur yeh kaisa reception hai, mai toh Marriott me rakhungi."

SHE: Yeh dekh. . . Ehh, kahan ja raha hai?
HE: Wo gulab jamun.
SHE: Idhar aa.
HE: Kya?
SHE: In logon ne stage acha setup kiya hai na?
HE: Okay hai! Itna khaas bhi nahi.
SHE: 😒 Tu rehene de, tu ja gulab jamun kha.
HE: Tujhe chaiye?
SHE: Nahi!
# HE walks away

-- AT JANET'S PLACE -- 

Anudeep: You've got a pretty sweet apartment.
Janet: Yep, after a lot of struggle.
Anudeep: I totally agree. It's an ordeal to find good apartments in this city.
Janet: Talk to me about it.
Anudeep: So when did you come back from office?
Janet: About an hour ago.
Janet: I'm making tea for myself. Will you have some?
Anudeep: Yeah, I can have some.
# In the meanwhile, Anudeep is going through her pictures hung up on the wall in the living room
# SHE comes back with two cups of tea
Janet: That one is when I was 4 years old.
Anudeep: Really? you look 8 years old in that.
Janet: Mom and dad tell me I was singing careless whisper. And I have no memory of that. LoL
Anudeep: Really? George Micheal?
Janet: 😒
Anudeep: Alright I like him too. 😀
Janet: Who doesn't?
Anudeep: And this? What were you doing here?
Janet: That's not me. That's my sister.
Anudeep: Who's she talking to on the phone?
Janet: There's no one on the other side.
Anudeep: 😁
# They go and sit down on the couch
Anudeep: You know what. I was thinking. We went to college together, we've been friends for some time but we barely know anything about each other.
Janet: What are you talking about? I know everything about you. You're a pussy when it comes to talking to girls.
Anudeep: Okay 😬. Besides that.
Anudeep: What's my favorite food?
Janet: I don't know.
Anudeep: That's what I'm saying.
Janet: Hmm.
Janet: Do you want to play a game?
Anudeep: What game?
Janet: What's your favorit meal?
Anudeep: My favorite meal?
Janet: Yes.
Anudeep: Uhmm. . . Chicken tikka masala and naan.
Anudeep: Butter naan.
Janet: I think butter chicken is better but anyway, your turn.
Anudeep: My turn?
Janet: Yeah, ask me anything.
Anudeep: Okay!? Favorite holiday destination?
Janet: Holiday destination? Hmm. . . I like to be home on holidays and weekends.
Anudeep: You don't like travelling a lot?
Janet: Nah. Not so much
Anudeep: Wow, usually girls love to travel.
Janet: Okay next question
Janet: Snow / Summer / Rain / Spring / Autumn?
Anudeep: Summer.
Janet: Me too 😊
Anudeep: I hate snow.
Janet: Then why aren't you moving out of the city? It gets really cold here in the winters. . .
Anudeep: Haha. Because I'm not getting a good job offer elsewhere.
Janet: Actually even I don't like winters. Always have to carry an extra jacket to work. It becomes a baggage of its own.
Anudeep: Okay, okay. Whose turn?
Janet: Yours
Anudeep: Dogs or cats?
Anudeep: I think I know the answer. Stupid question. LoL
Janet: I think they are too different to compare. I have a small dog though.
Anudeep: Where is it?
Janet: Not here, in Singapore.
Anudeep: Dogs anyday for me. Cats are mean.
Janet: Domestic cats are assholes! But on the other hand I feel dogs are actually high maintenance
Anudeep: What breed do you have?
Janet: Shiba Inu.
Anudeep: Oh you got a DOGE!!?
Janet: Yeah 😁
Janet: Uhmm. . . BJP or Congress?
Anudeep: Neither, I don't get politics. 😬
Janet: Yeah, it's sticky
Janet: Your turn.
Anudeep: Writing or typing?
Janet: Hmm. . . I don't mind typing and sometimes your hand cramps up if you write for too long, but then again, it's nice to see your own notes lying around sometimes. So. . . writing.
Anudeep: Haha, I like writing albeit I don't mind typing. Your turn. 
Janet: Favorite TV show.
Anudeep: I really liked Friends, How I met your mother and a few others. But I don't watch TV series anymore.
Anudeep: What's your favorite!?
Janet: GoT
Anudeep: GoT?
Janet: 😳 Game of Thrones!?
Janet: Are you serious?
Anudeep: Yeah, I know nothing about it.
Janet: How come you haven't seen it yet? 😮
Anudeep: 😒 Do we really have to do this?
Janet: Dude, you need to watch it!
Anudeep: I NEED to watch it?
Janet: You do.
Anudeep: I don't think I NEED to watch it. 😑

-- AT THE RECEPTION -- 

HE: Wo dekh.
# SHE looks
HE: Hot hai na?
SHE: 😑
SHE: Bekar hai. Behind you.
# HE looks
HE: Kya baat hai. Teri nazarein toh badi tez hain.
SHE: Thank you
# Kavish walks by
Kavish: Thank you so much guys for coming. 
HE: Yaar, jo bhi kaho tum log ne stage bada acha setup kiya hai. 
SHE: 😒
Kavish: Haha, thank you yaar
SHE: Where's the lady luck Kavish? Biwi se kab milaoge?
Kavish: She must be here somewhere.
# Kavish looks around 
Kavish: Oh yeah, there she is. Let me go fetc-. . . 
# Someone in the background, "Hey Kavish!"
Kavish: Yeah coming.
Kavish: I'll just be back guys.
Kavish: Arey, tum log kuch toh khao na. You guys didn't eat anything?
HE: Don't worry, we'll get something.
SHE: Yeah, you take care of the guests.
Kavish: Alright 😀
HE: Kuch toh kha le tu?
SHE: Nahi bhook nahi hai.
# HE whispers into HER ears
HE: Dekh mai bata raha hun, masala dosa bahut acha mil raha hai yahan.
SHE: 😟 Pagal hai kya! Moti ho jaungi!
HE: Acha, health conscious hua ja raha hai.
SHE: Haan toh, shaadi k liye patla hona hai.
HE: Arey shaadi waadi toh hoti rahegi. But think about the hot crispy dosa. The masala. The tomato chutney.
SHE: Kaunsa counter hai.
HE: 7
# SHE walks away
HE: 😏
# HE stands there
HE: Ruk mai bhi aa raha hun.

-- AT JANET'S PLACE -- 

Anudeep: Long walks or long drives?
Janet: I prefer long walks
Anudeep: Me too. Your turn 
Janet: What kind of music have you been listening to lately?
Anudeep: I have been listening to A.R. Rahman Tamil songs these days but my all time favorites are Dire Straits and London Grammar.
Janet: 😃 You like London Grammar too!!
Anudeep: Areyy us bandi ki aawaz me kya depth hai!!
Janet: I know!
Anudeep: She's got the voice range of Adele and Sia.
Janet: I've heard all their songs!
Janet: Your turn
Anudeep: What's your favorite ice-cream?
Janet: Mint.
Anudeep: Ughh. I don't like mint ice-cream at all, although I like mint. My favorite would be chocolate.
Janet: BO-ring
Anudeep: I know, I know. I have boring choices. Your turn.
Janet: Uhmm. . . I can't think of anything, I skip you go.
Anudeep: 😮 You can do that?
Janet: Yes
Janet: Next question.
Anudeep: Black or white?
Janet: Black
Anudeep: Sweet or spicy?
Janet: Sweet but I like spicy every now and then.
Anudeep (Wondering): What is you. . . 
Janet: Ouhh, I have one
Janet: Favorite pizza?
Anudeep: Favorite pizza!? Uhmm. . . Pan pizza with tomato, onions, red pepper and some olives.
Anudeep: Ouh! And garlic bread sticks.
Janet: Are you serious? That's great. I get the same toppings! My favorite pizza is a veggie!
Anudeep: Wow. That's a coincidence.
Janet: Coincidence or bro-incidence?
Anudeep: 😒 You're killing it.
Janet: okay
Anudeep: Whose turn?
Janet: Uhmm. . . yours?
Anudeep: Aaahh, favorite beverage?
Janet: I like decaf coffee with chocolate almond milk.
Anudeep: I don't like coffee but I do like hot chocolate with whipped cream and my favorite beverage is beer.
Janet: I like ciders.
Anudeep: Angry Orchard? 
Janet: I dig Angry Orchard!
Anudeep: I'm fond of it as well.
Anudeep: Go out running or sit at home watch netflix?
Janet: Sit at home watch netflix 😬
Janet: Cooking or take away?
Anudeep: That reminds me. Kuch order karte hai na, I'm starving!
Janet: Call Dominoes.
Anudeep: Where's my phone?
# HE looks around
Anudeep: Calling or texting?
Janet: Texting.
Anudeep: Calling
Anudeep: Favorite sport?
Janet: Yeah, that's fine. Call Dominoes now.

-- AT THE RECEPTION -- 

/* They walk out of the reception to the parking lot */

SHE: Acha tha na.
HE: Haan! Especially dahi papdi. Wo toh out of the world tha.
SHE: 😑 I'm talking about the reception!
HE: Yeah, yeah. All in all, it was good. Actually, I was impressed by the number of people that turned up.
SHE: It's a wedding reception. You will have these many people.
HE: Really? okay.
SHE: Oye
HE: Haan.
SHE: Sun na
HE: Bol na
SHE: Kya karna hai shaadi ka?
HE: Kis ki shaadi ka?
SHE: Humari shaadi ka
HE: Haan.
SHE: Mom dad har do hafto me ladka dekhne ki baat karte rehete hain.
SHE: Kya bolun unhe?
HE: Bol de na kuch.
SHE: Areyy!
SHE: 😠 I'm running out of excuses now! You understand!
HE: Yeah, okay.
SHE: Kya okay? Karna kya hai tujhe?
HE: I don't know, socha nahi.
SHE: I don't know?!?
SHE: Hold on, hold on. 
# HE stops in his tracks
SHE: Mai yahan roz apna dimaag kharab karti reheti hun and all you've got is "socha nahi"!?
HE: Arey toh mat soch na tu bhi, kyun soch rahi hai!?
SHE: Mujhe bhi koi shauk nahi hai. Mummi papa puchte rehete hain toh kuch kehena padta hai.
HE: Chod jane de, baad me baat karte hain iss bare me.
SHE: Tu iss topic ko hamesha dodge hi karta rahega ya kabhi actually baat bhi karega.
HE: What do you want me to say to you?
HE: Jhoont bolun?!
HE: You know I love you. What else can I say?
SHE: Wah, yeh sahi hai tumhara. You want to connect a little but not a lot, you want to commit a little but not too much.
HE: What's wrong with you!? You know it's not like that!
SHE: It sure as hell seems like!
# Silence ensues
HE (Calmly): Look I've told you this a 100 times, I need to think about it.
SHE: When the hell will you think about it?
HE: Look, there's a lot going on in the office lately. Waqt nahi mila yaar! Yeh sab sochne ka! 
SHE: Kaam toh bas tu karta hai na. Hum toh bas yahan jhak maar rahe hain.
HE: You're being ridiculous now.
SHE: You don't think I have issues at work!?
SHE: Har choti cheez ka issue nahi banati mai.
HE: Faltu me idhar aa gaya, aana hi nahi chaiye tha.
SHE: Nobody forced you to come, okay!
HE: Tujhe mann tha aane ka isliye maine haan bola.
SHE: Haan toh mai akeli bhi aa sakti thi, koi ehsaan nahi kiya tune.
HE: Dekh mujhe jhagada nahi karna hai. Why are we having this conversation right now!
SHE: Becuase you never fucking have the time to talk about these things! 
HE: Well, then I don't have time right now.
SHE: Fine.
HE: Fine.
SHE: Goodnight.
# SHE starts to walk off
HE: What do you mean?
SHE: I'll get an auto, don't worry. Go home.
HE: Listen to me.
# HE comes right behind
# SHE gets in an auto
HE: Listen. It's late, I'm telling you. Let's go home-. . . 
SHE: Please!
SHE: I'm just tired of these games.
SHE: Leave me alone!
# Silence
SHE: Good night
# The auto drives away

-- X -- 



Comments

Popular Posts